Thursday, June 24, 2010

9th Chapter draft #2 Completion percentage 100%

2nd draft of Chapter 9 is finished and posted onto the interwebs  as proof of my crime against humanity. The Internet is a happy place
The rewrite for Chapter 10 is pretty much done as well because I worked on both chapters simultaneously. So that should probably be up at the end of next week.

Chapters 11 and 12, however; will be posted as *Gasp* first drafts. Why? Because I completely scrapped what I wrote in December, did brand spanking new outlines for them, and will start on the “prose” after I post Chapter 10. This was decision I was hesitant to make, but it was necessary and I think I’ll still make my July 31, 2010 goal for a finished draft.

I haven’t even finished the 2nd draft and I’m already planning how I’m going to approach the 3rd draft. So, yeah, I’m pretty excited. Partly because I don’t really like this draft… Not that I think it’s horrible… let’s just say if it was a house it be a fixer-upper… This is a task that I have found I relish.

In other boring Steve blog news; I bought a netbook so that I can now look even more pretentious when I’m sitting at Panera drinking expensive coffee drinks that I don’t even really like (Panera has great great food, but their coffee is meh) and working on my novel that no one will ever read. Score!

Still, I won’t look as douchey as the guys with Macs working on their novels that no one will ever read… Those guys are dicks, and I guarantee their novels are about something stupid like lesbian cowboys who eat pudding, wear fanny packs, and talk about their feelings! OMG who would wanna read that crap anyway?

But seriously, the battery life on this netbook is amazing… Something like 11 hours of word processing! Bonus: I wrote this blog on my porch with my pooch at my feet and some mellow tunes serving as the backdrop to the drifting cloud of lightning bugs perforating the night.


                              I could sit here all night…

Alright, some sugary sweet YouTube goodness and I’m out…

No comments:

Post a Comment