Saturday, October 30, 2010

How I became a Famous Novelist

Steve Hely

-          People will believe thousands of different lies in succession rather than confront a single scintilla of truth.  Pg. 45
-          But that was all for the editors to sort out.  Pg. 115
-          As research for my novel, I’d read almost all of the Wikipedia page about tornadoes.  Pg. 162
-          She was clearly worried about getting every detail right.  That’s a stupid and time-consuming way to write.  Pg. 221
-          You’re always looking for the falseness in everything.  Pg. 303
-          The only way to live life is to lose your self.  Pg. 322

This is the second time I've read this book, and I enjoyed it just as much the second time.

I laughed out loud several times.  That's a good thing. 

But, also, I appreciate the fact that the protagonist is a very flawed character who I found myself cheering for.  Not so much that he would get what he wanted, but that he would evolve and rise above the petty adolescent BS that was simultaneously driving him forward and holding him back.

This is a great novel that I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment