Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chapter 3...

Finally, I have a finished draft of Chapter 3.  This chapter was a bitch, and I'm still not really happy with it.  The next draft will probably be quite different, but I'm already a week behind schedule and feel like it's time to just move on to Chapter 4.  

I should also admit to stealing - erm uhh - I mean - being inspired by several different sources as I worked on this draft of the third chapter.  Let's see who can spot the references from Lady Gaga, Battlestar Galactica, Hitch, Deep Space 9, and Office Space.  I swear I originated more than I stole borrowed.

I'm optimistic that I will have a completed rewrite of Chapter 4 in two weeks.   Like Chapter 3, it is going to be a major rewrite of at least two, but more likely three, chapters that just aren't that good in their present form.  I've also decided to add another character in order to fill a rather smelly plot hole.

I just said "smelly plot hole," without referencing someone's mom.  It looks like I'm growing up.

Oh, and don't forget to read Identity if you haven't already.




No comments:

Post a Comment