Thursday, April 1, 2010

Writing is hard

Progress on my sweet novel is still chugging along.  Unfortunately, I won't have a chapter ready to post this week.

Chapters 5, 6, and 7 from the rough draft were cannibalized to make the current draft of Chapter 5.  That's right; I tore three rough chapters apart to create this one draft of this one chapter.  The result is that the story is much tighter, but it took a lot of time to rework everything and make the necessary notes about rewrites for previous and succeeding chapters.  

It's a lot of work but it's worth it.  I now have a good setup for Phoenix's "Fuck Yeah" moment which likely occur in Chapter 9 or 10.  

I'll post whatever I have on the 9th whether I'm happy with it not.

In the meantime here's a word from our sponsor.





No comments:

Post a Comment